The navigation market is a fast growing market with huge potential and a lot of different applications. The European satellite navigation system GALILEO helps to push the market as well. Relating to these facts, the Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology has introduced this programme.
Main objectives are:
- to highlight the numerous technological and economic possibilities of the navigation market
- to create a future market for highly qualified jobs in the area of satellite navigation, its applications and value-added services
- to improve the networks to international research programmes
The programme comprises calls for proposals and calls for ideas. The main themes of the call for proposals are fleet management, including all modalities and inter-modalities, and applications for agriculture and forestry. Within the call for proposals, concrete test- and pilot projects related to the above-mentioned main themes will be supported and co-financed.
One of the main objectives of the call is to support the establishment of testbeds in Austria and to examine the products' functionality as well as the possibility for realisation into marketable economic goods. Further objectives are to increase the confidence of users in satellite navigation applications, and to enhance the acceptance of the resulting value-added services.
In addition to the call for proposals, Artist includes a call for ideas. Participants have been invited to elaborate ideas in the area of satellite navigation, its applications and value-added services. The ideas are not bound to the main topics of the call for proposals, but can address all areas where satellite-based navigation is expected to play a major role.
The objective of the call for ideas is to support the formulation of ideas related to satellite-based navigation, its applications and value-added services. Through this undertaking, innovative ideas that are not yet ready to be included in a project proposal are able to be further developed and elaborated. In handing in ideas, the intention shall be made to prepare a respective project proposal, depending on the availability of the project partners.
The total budget of the programme is EUR 2 million.
The call for proposals is open to all research agencies or organisations, which have their industrial premises or their research institute in Austria.
The call for ideas addresses private and public organisations that are keen to develop new products in the field of satellite navigation.
- Carinthia Traffic Optimizer
- Conflict-avoiding low-cost application using new technology
- Evaluation of positioning technologies for generating added-value services associated with River Information Services
- Evaluation of positioning technologies for the monitoring of dangerous goods transports at express roads in Austria
- Fleet Logistics Service Enhancement with Egnos & Galileo Satellite Technology
- Galileo Road Application Simulator
- Management of emergency devices based on navigation technologies
- Optimization of timber transports through satellite navigation
- Position dependant and dynamic real-time traffic information
- Use of modern measuring methods in forestry